Centre de gestion informatique de l’éducation (CGIE)
The Centre de gestion informatique de l’éducation (CGIE) is responsible for all information and communication technologies for the administration of the Ministry of National Education, Youth and Childhood i.e. all administrations, departments, schools or institutions under the authority of the Minister of National Education.
The mission of the Center is to:
• promote the analysis, design, development and operation of IT developments for the purposes of the administration of National Education;
• provide technical advice and assistance in procurement, facilities, equipment and maintenance;
• manage and process the data of the students, staff and administration of National Education;
• guarantee the security of data processing and the respect of personal data protection;
• manage the establishment and operation of Internet-, intranet- and extranet-platforms;
• monitor and develop IT tools, including the setting of technological standards and technological monitoring;
• facilitate the relationship with Luxembourg and foreign institutions and bodies having similar missions.
The staff of the Center consists of 50 full time employees allocated into two divisions:
– Analysis and IT Development
– Distributed Computing and Support
For the execution of its missions, the Center commits itself to respect the quality and safety standards determined by the Center of the Information Technologies of the State.